The Contractor Human Resources mission is to provide expert advice and assistance to our customers in order to ensure quality Contractor Human Resource Management Systems at reasonable cost to facilitate successful accomplishment of Oak Ridge Office's varied missions.
What We Do:
Principal functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support contract administration which involves reviewing, negotiating and recommending approval of contractor human resource programs/policies (e.g., compensation systems, benefit programs, pension and insurance plans, staffing and cost containment)
- Oversight of contractor labor-management relations (numerous union agreements under multiple contractors and subcontractors)
- Interpret/implement federal labor standards (e.g., Davis Bacon Act, Service Contract Act)
- Assure adequate contractor work force planning and work force restructuring (including implementation of 3161)
- Provide oversight of contractor work force diversity programs (EEO/Affirmative Action)
- Support procurement actions (member/advisor to Source Evaluation Boards), including developing work force transition strategies, and special or unique human resource approaches when necessary to support program objectives
- Assess contractor human resource programs (functional, award fee, business management reviews and external reviews)
- Assure effective handling of contractor employee concerns (assess contractor processes; facilitate resolutions as necessary)
- Maintain wide variety of external relations with state and local governments, other federal agencies, labor unions, and other organizations and individuals who are stakeholders in contractor human resource issues.