Questions to Ask When Seeking Contracting Opportunities
Before contacting the contracting entity, identify your DUNS Number and enter your information in the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) and the Online Registration and Certification (ORCA) database.
Once you have provided a brief overview of your products or services, you can begin your conversation with the contracting entity. The following questions will be helpful for both parties.
- Do you contract, subcontract, or purchase (your goods or services)?
- Does your company self perform/buy/contract/subcontract these services?
- Are you pleased with the services you are receiving from the existing contractor/subcontractor?
- Do you plan to re-compete the services?
- When does the existing contract/subcontract expire?
- Will the services required be set-aside for small business?
- When is a good time for me to contact you in regards to this procurement?